Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is the traditional Japanese horror adventure game. As the girls explore the western-style mansions and abandoned hospitals on Rōgetsu Isle, they will rely on the moonlight and a faint flashlight to search for clues. The story progresses by discovering relics like old newspaper articles and notes that help the girls unravel the island’s secret past. While exploring, the girls will also be confronted by a series of spirits. They will need to use a Fatal Frame franchise classic, the Camera Obscura, to repel vengeful ghosts, sealing away their power by photographing them.
- Camera Obscura. An old camera with the ability to repel vengeful ghosts and seal away their power by photographing them. Equip stronger lenses and change out different films to capture even more powerful photos.
- Exploring Rōgetsu Island. Explore the dimly lit Western-style mansions and abandoned hospitals on the island by relying on the moonlight and the faint light of a flashlight. The story progresses by “touching”places that may call your attention. From past newspaper articles and notes, you will discover about the past in which abominable incidents happened and unravel the lost memories of the protagonist, and find the truth.
- New Photo Mode. Pose characters and ghosts, place them freely for haunting memories in the newly added photo mode. Perhaps even take an unexpected spirit photo by accident…
- New Costumes. The original lineup of costumes has been slightly altered, and new costumes have been added. Change the characters’ costumes to experience the investigation in different ways.
- Improved graphics. This title has improved its graphics for each platform. The rendering of shadows and light of the flashlight has been improved to make it more realistic, so that you can experience a more realistic horror. In addition, in-game movies and character models have been brushed up to make the story and characters more appealing.